The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Publisher's Weekly - R.L. Stine's Night Terrors?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 am 
Site Admin

Hot Deals: Another R.L. Stine Adult Novel?

By Judy Quinn -- 5/11/1998

An adult Stine could be in the works for any publisher who wants to tie into the upcoming ABC miniseries R.L. Stine's Night Terrors, a deal executive v-p Susan Lyne just made with producers The Sanitsky Company (which has just produced The Last Don II) and Stine's own Parachute Entertainment.
The miniseries will be set in a medical clinic devoted to the treatment of night terrors "which drive victims to madness... and beyond." This is the first adult TV series by the Goosebumps grandmaster, whose first adult novel, Superstitious, was published by the late Brandon Tartikoff at his then-Warner imprint, but to disappointing sales.

From: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/prin ... ovel-.html

Post subject: Re: Publisher's Weekly - R.L. Stine's Night Terrors?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:23 am 
Site Admin

Fearreader wrote:
An adult Stine could be in the works for any publisher who wants to tie into the upcoming ABC miniseries R.L. Stine's Night Terrors, -

- The miniseries will be set in a medical clinic devoted to the treatment of night terrors "which drive victims to madness... and beyond." This is the first adult TV series by the Goosebumps grandmaster, -

Has someone ever heard of this?? :o

Another site that says it exists: http://tv.yahoo.com/r-l-stines-night-terrors/show/27860

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:41 am 

Yea, I heard of this while searching for info on the very short lived Ghosts of Fear Street TV show. I think it did not air, but it sounds very interesting nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 am 
Site Admin

It sounds for sure very interesting!

Yeah , I also read someting about plans for the Ghosts of Fear Street TV-show. - What did you find about that? Can you post something about it here? Because were there real episodes made already, and did 1 or 2 or 3 air? Or was it also never really produced and aired?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 am 

There was at least one Ghosts of fear Street TV show that aired on ABC, which was 30 minutes long including commercials. The New York Times also has a plot summary of the TV show(s):

"Anne Murphy and her husband P.J. move their three kids back to Anne's childhood home on Fear Street where her father still lives. Strange things happen on Fear Street and other-worldy people reside in the neighborhood, including Cricket, who collects rare bugs and lives with her father who morphs into a bug whenever he gets nervous. Open-minded father P.J., who writes scary children's books on the side, and protective mother Anne try to make their children's experiences on the spooky street as normal as possible. The children are: Joe, the oldest, who is truly scared of the strange occurrences; Kit, the free-spirited and adventurous daughter who embraces their abnormal lifestyle; and Mickey, the youngest son, who has the ability to see and hear things that the others cannot. Guiding the family is their grandfather, who loves their home for its odd history and memories of his late wife, whose presence is felt around the house."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks! Where did you find it? :)

That sounds really promising. Another great thing that didn't get through... :|

But I have no idea which Ghosts of Fear Street book they're talking about; seems like they're talking about 4 or 5 different books at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:03 am 

fearstreetsaga wrote:
There was at least one Ghosts of fear Street TV show that aired on ABC, which was 30 minutes long including commercials. The New York Times also has a plot summary of the TV show(s):

"Anne Murphy and her husband P.J. move their three kids back to Anne's childhood home on Fear Street where her father still lives. Strange things happen on Fear Street and other-worldy people reside in the neighborhood, including Cricket, who collects rare bugs and lives with her father who morphs into a bug whenever he gets nervous. Open-minded father P.J., who writes scary children's books on the side, and protective mother Anne try to make their children's experiences on the spooky street as normal as possible. The children are: Joe, the oldest, who is truly scared of the strange occurrences; Kit, the free-spirited and adventurous daughter who embraces their abnormal lifestyle; and Mickey, the youngest son, who has the ability to see and hear things that the others cannot. Guiding the family is their grandfather, who loves their home for its odd history and memories of his late wife, whose presence is felt around the house."

I wanna see this so bad. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:51 pm 

I wondered what happened to that show... :cry: I remember catching a small glimpse of the first premiere episode, but I totally forgot what it was about. It must didn't do well on the network. But would like to know more about the Ghosts of Fear Street TV show that must have gotten cancelled after the pilot episode. It seemed as though that this show never got a chance to survive. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:37 am 

I actually decided to check and see if I could find this episode online, and I can't believe it. Someone posted the pilot episode on YouTube! (Part 1; Part 2) I have to admit though, I couldn't stop laughing at the intro, too funny.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome Saga; Thanks for the search and posting it here! - I'll have to ccheck it out later tonight. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm 

It seems to me that they intended this series to be more of a comedy than a horror series.
Spoiler: show
The family seemed happy to be moving into Fear Street and the show was rather tame.
Still, I would have really liked to see more of it; it's too bad that they decided to cancel it so soon.