The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Beware!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:21 pm 

Beware! (August 2002)
ISBN: 0066238420
Harper Collins - 224 pages

Dim the lights. Lock the doors. Pull down the shades - and BEWARE! It's time to read R.L. Stine's favorite scary stories, plus two new tales of his own.

R.L. Stine has gathered a selection of all things scary. Short stories, tales old and new, comics, and poems. It's a spine-tingling collection of work by dozens of writers and artists who are famous for hair-raising fun.

Discover a ghastly secret in a retelling of the classic story "The Judge's House," by Bram Stoker. Peek into a Christmas stocking that holds a shocking surprise in a Vault of Horror comic, "A Sock for Christmas." Meet an ice cream man who will chill your blood in "Mister Ice Cold" by Gahan Wilson.

But first, visit an evil carnival in "The Black Ferris," by Ray Bradbury. R.L. Stine says that this story changed his life! Find out why in his introduction. Be sure to read all the introductions - because R.L. reveals why he picked these stories for you, why he finds them the creepiest...the funniest...the scariest!

Order this book at Amazon.com.

Order this book at Barnes and Noble.com

Post subject: Re: Beware!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:08 am 
Site Admin

You did a great job Dalton, thanks for the add! :D (I only edited a bigger cover-image. ;) )

I have this book in German (it isn't translated in the Netherlands... :( ), my dad bought it for me for Christmas 2006. - But to be honest; I can't find it anywhere! :lol: I've just been searching through my room and I've no idea where it could be... :mrgreen:

But I'm looking to buy the original English book soon. :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:05 pm 

Thanks! I couldn't find a bigger cover image. Sorry :oops: .

I was at my library the other day looking through the Halloween books. I saw the name R.L. Stine and grabbed it right away without any doubts. :lol: I got home and realized that I hadn't seen a page for it, so I went home and added this to the site. :D

Sorry you lost your book. :cry: Did you read it before you lost it? If so, was it pretty good?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

No problem! ;) - Yeah, I'm still busy adding all the books.... it's just TOO MUCH!!! :shock: :lol:

Thanks...I really have no idea where it could be... :? - No, I hadn't read it yet....

But luckily I just found the English book on http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ and ordered it right away! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 pm 

This really sounds amazing! :shock: I also love the cover very much; very mysterious, like it's midnight :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 pm 

Ah, afraid this monster could jump outta the cover and eat me!! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:12 pm 

I want to get this book because one of R. L. Stine's and my favorite author, Ray Bradbury wrote a story for this book! Isn't that cool?!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:47 am 
Site Admin

Absolutely! - I have it already. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:06 pm 

This is an awesome book! I've read it a thousand times already, and I still love to read the stories in here.

This book actually introduced me to Ray Bradbury, and now I'm reading Fahrenheit 451!

On a smaller note, I just got The Witches by Roald Dahl. I thought I should note that, since a section from this book is in Beware!