The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Fear Street
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:10 pm 

According to Stine, Fear Street is the best-selling young adult series of all time in history. Source.

Post subject: Re: Fear Street
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

fearstreetsaga wrote:
According to Stine, Fear Street is the best-selling young adult series of all time in history. Source.

Not according to RL; it's a fact. :)

This is his short biography, that's on various, reliable sites:

Quote:
R.L. Stine invented the teen horror genre with Fear Street, the bestselling teen horror series of all time. He also changed the face of children's publishing with the mega-successful Goosebumps series, which Guinness World Records cites as the Best-Selling Children's Books ever, and went on to become a worldwide multimedia phenomenon. The first two books in his new series Mostly Ghostly, Who Let the Ghosts Out? and Have You Met My Ghoulfriend? are New York Times bestsellers. He's thrilled to be writing for teens again in the brand-new Fear Street Nights books.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:39 pm 

Yea, but Twilight, another young-adult series supposedly has more sales than Fear Street, 100 million compared to 80 million. That source is probably old.

Twilight- Source.(btw, don't bother reading this crap)
Fear Street- Source.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, that link to the Fear Street Source, that book is from 2003. :)

But again; as far as I know, is that ONLY in the United States.
And the number from Twilight is world-wide. .,,,

But I guess Fear Street is indeed not as popular as Twilight. Especially because of the internet that wasn't such a big part of society back then, and due to the movies, and the total crazed hype around it.

And don't worry, I'll NEVER read ANY of the Twilight-books. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 am 

Twilight isn't all that bad. At first, I didn't think I would like it, considering I grew up watching the fabulous television show that was called Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin off series Angel, that hooked me from beginning to its cinematic climax. The movie adaptation of New Moon was very well done and probably one of my favorites of all The Twilight Saga films combined. Although, I haven't seen Breaking Dawn Part 1 or 2 yet, I plan to add it to my movie collection soon. I own all Twilight books and think they're just as well crafted and that made it made me believe that vampires are still a popular trademark to our pop culture of storytelling.