The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: R.L. Stine - RED RAIN (2012)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 am 
Site Admin

RED RAIN - 9 October 2012
ISBN-10: 1451636121 / ISBN-13: 9781451636123
Hardcover - $ 24,99 - 386 pages
Published by: Touchstone Books

R.L. Stine, New York Times bestselling author of the Goosebumps and Fear Street series—the biggest selling children’s books of all time—delivers a terrifying new adult horror novel centered on a town in the grip of a sinister revolt.

Before there was J.K. Rowling, before there was Stephenie Meyer[/b], before there was Suzanne Collins, there was R.L. Stine. Witty, creepy, and compulsively readable, he defined horror for a generation of young readers—readers who have now come of age.

Travel writer Lea Sutter finds herself on a small island off the coast of South Carolina, the wrong place at the wrong time. A merciless, unanticipated hurricane cuts a path of destruction and Lea barely escapes with her life. In the storm’s aftermath, she discovers orphaned twin boys and impulsively decides to adopt them. The boys, Samuel and Daniel, seem amiable and immensely grateful; Lea’s family back on Long Island—husband Mark and their two children, Ira and Elena—aren’t quite so pleased. But even they can’t anticipate the twins’ true nature—or predict that, within a few weeks’ time, Mark will wind up implicated in two brutal murders, with the police narrowing in.

For the millions of readers who grew up on Goosebumps, and for every fan of deviously inventive horror, this is a must-read from a beloved master of the genre.

R.L. Stine, author of the multimillion-selling Fear Street and Goosebumps series, lives in New York City with his wife, Jane, an editor and publisher, and their dog, Minnie.

Review-Quotes:

Leave the light on and the door locked...Red Rain will put goose bumps on even the toughest adult.” —Kathy Reichs

A slam-bang, stay-up-all-night, leave-the-lights-on thriller.” —Harlan Coben

"Real characters, crisp writing, and a wicked sense of humor. Keep this book far, far away from your kids." - Douglas Preston

Hardback on BookDepositorhttp://www.bookdepository. ... 1231636123
Paperback on BookDepository.com: http://www.bookdepository.com/Red-Rain-Stine/978085 521378

Post subject: Re: R.L. Stine - RED RAIN (2012)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:25 am 
Site Admin

The Official homepage of RED RAIN: http://rlstine.com/red-rain/

And the promising, amazingly great, and terrifying booktrailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElXdWaH4uRE

And in the video as well as on the site they show again some various "mini-review" quotes from big, bestselling and very well-known names in the unique world of authors:
I mean...; Kathy Reichs, Brad Meltzer, Steve Berry, Douglas Preston, Harlan Coben - Those are some HUGE names in the Horror- & Thriller-bookbusiness! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 am 
Site Admin

Has anyone here already read Red Rain? :)

Unfortuanately I haven't had a chance to read it yet, mainly because I'm pretty busy with school, and I haven't received my copy in the mail yet. :P

I already pre-ordered it online several months ago, but for some reason it still hasn't been delivered. - I'll have to check and ask their customer-service about it. :|

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 am 
Site Admin

News:

Red Rain will be reissued in a Paperback-version on August 27, 2013.
ISBN: 9781451636130 / 145163613X
432 pages - Only $ 7,99
By Pocket Books

The New York Times bestselling author of the Goosebumps and Fear Street series delivers a terrifying horror novel for adults centered on a town in the grip of a sinister revolt.

Travel writer Lea Sutter finds herself on a small island off the coast of South Carolina, the wrong place at the wrong time. A merciless, unanticipated hurricane cuts a path of destruction through the island and Lea barely escapes with her life.

In the storm’s aftermath, she discovers two orphaned boys—twins. Filled with a desire to do something to help, to make something good of all she witnessed, Lea impulsively decides to adopt them. The boys, Samuel and Daniel, seem amiable and immensely grateful; Lea’s family back on Long Island—husband Mark, a child psychologist, and their two children, Ira and Elena—aren’t quite so pleased. But even they can’t anticipate the twins’ true nature—or predict that, within a few weeks’ time, Mark will wind up implicated in two brutal murders, with the police narrowing in.

A must-read from a beloved master of the genre, Red Rain “will put goose bumps on even the toughest adult” (Kathy Reichs).

More review quotes:

“I picked up R.L. Stine’s RED RAIN and for the life of me couldn’t put it down. From the opening scene—which is plenty shocking—a terrifying and original story unspools that draws the reader in like a moth to flame. The suspense builds to the breaking point and goes beyond... and beyond. This is a sophisticated thriller with real characters, crisp writing, and a wicked sense of humor. Keep this book far, far away from your kids.”
Douglas Preston

“Come on! There's simply no need to frighten somebody that much. But what else should we expect from the undisputed master of fear. R.L. Stine is a name synonymous with excellence. He's made a career out of scaring children. Now he's turned his attention to adults in a dark, all-too-real-tale, that brings the unimaginable to life. Make sure the doors are locked and all of the lights are on in the house before you open this one up."
Steve Berry

“This is the moment I've been terrified of -- when R.L. Stine decided he wasn't just going to scare children, but that he would focus his power on frightening the rest of us. Ready to be haunted by the master? RED RAIN proves he's got nightmares for us all.”
Brad Meltzer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Order now directly from AMAZON:

Hardcover:

Paperback pre-order:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:29 pm 

This one is my last Stine book which I own and haven´t read yet so far... Gonna start it next week... 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:08 pm 

This book is so AWESOME!! :shock: 8-) 8-) I almost couldn´t put it down.. It´s really impressive how every icky detail in the killing scenes is explained... :twisted: Don´t wanna spoil anything so guys, go and read it yourself!! :P