The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: My last purchases (RL)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm 

Quote:
Or do you buy them used / second-hand, from their site?

Yeah I bought them from their site. But I also bought Runaway and Night Games from the store a few years ago. I do believe there are still some B&N stores that sell Fear Street books.

Quote:
Ever heard from Ebay?

Yeah, I was thinking of buying some there. But the thing is they sell the books in groups. Half I already have and half I never read. So I don't wanna buy books that I already have. Maybe if they sold them separately.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Okay, cool!

I get what you mean. But there are also lots of sellers on Ebay who sell books separately. Or sites as http://www.alibris.com/ - have also every single R.L. Stine book for sale, or a site as http://www.paperbackswap.com/ = Free shipping, and you'll never pay more than $ 3,45 per book; literally.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:34 pm 

Fearreader wrote:
I get what you mean. But there are also lots of sellers on Ebay who sell books separately. Or sites as http://www.alibris.com/ - have also every single R.L. Stine book for sale, or a site as http://www.paperbackswap.com/ = Free shipping, and you'll never pay more than $ 3,45 per book; literally.

That's awesome, I'll go check it out now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:55 pm 

Just recently purchased eight books to add to my collection. Hopefully they'll all be here in two weeks time. What I bought is below:

1. The Horror of the Black Ring (Goosebumps Series 2000 #18) [Never owned or read before, so I'm excited for this one.]

2. Horror Hotel - Part I: The Vampire Checks in (Ghosts of Fear Street #34) [I'll believe this when I see it, literally, as I bought it off eBay with no picture, still worth the risk though if I can get my hands on this pretty elusive book]

3. Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps #1) [Use to own, of course, and I remember really liking this book, helped by how great the two-part episode was]

4. The Evil Moon (Fear Street: Cataluna Chronicles #1) [Never owned or read this either, and I'm sure it'll be an interesting read, like most Fear Street books]

5. Beach Party (Point Horror novel) [Personally, I often confuse this with Beach House, which I already own, so it's nice that I'll own both to stop the confusion]

6. A Night in Terror Tower (Goosebumps #27) [Another book I use to own, also was an amazing episode from the series]

7. The Knight in Screaming Armor (Give Yourself Goosebumps #9) [Use to own a while back, and was one of my favorite GYG books in the past, as I read it basically to tatters)

8. What Holly Heard (Fear Street #34) [Never owned or read before, but as most of the original Fear Street books are good, I just decided to randomly get this one)

I'll report on when I get these, and I'm so happy to slowly (oh so slowly) add to my Stine collection.

"We have such sights to show you!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:14 pm 

I do hate to double-post, but an update on these. I now own all of the books I mentioned in mt previous post here except A Night in Terror Tower (which had been sold, but the people forgot to remove it from their listing on eBay). I have read Beach Party, and I'll review that sometime, but I also have seven other books besides these as well, which is why I'm posting again.

So, I now also have, in no real order:

1. The Hitchhiker (Solo book) [Never owned or read before, but it's an earlier book by him, relatively speaking, so it should be interesting]

2. The New Year's Party (Fear Street Super Chiller #9) [I've started reading this, and I really like it, but it made me realize how many characters from the Fear Street novels intersect, as this has characters I recognize from at least three other books]

3. The Beast (Solo book) [Use to own this, but I never read it, so it should be interesting, though the time travel angle irks me a bit]

4. Scream of the Evil Genie (Give-Yourself-Goosebumps #13) [Another classic GYG book, I remember this book having a lot of different stories in it, so it should be fun]

5. Why I'm Afraid of Bees (Goosebumps #17) [Use to own, though I don't remember too much about it; mentioned a lot on TVTropes in funny ways, so that'll fun]

6. Monster Blood II (Goosebumps #18) [Also use to own, though I don't think I ever read it; now the only Monster Blood book from the original series I'm missing is III]

7. Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps #34) [I remember this one being fun, so I look forward to jumping into it sometime)

With that, I now own 64 Stine books, ranging from August 1990 to January 2000 (being a comic book collector, I have them ordered in chronological order). Hope to continue growing my collection in the future.

"We have such sights to show you!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6