The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Goosebumps Horrorland #17 - The Wizard of Ooze
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, OK, I understand! :D - Let me know, and if no one else is interested, I'll just hold them for you! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

Fearreader wrote:
Oh, OK, I understand! :D - Let me know, and if no one else is interested, I'll just hold them for you! ;)

Is that okay with you Juud? :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 am 

That's okay! :D But unfortunately, I haven't got money at the moment, so you maybe have to hold them very long :?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:02 am 

I just read it. I'd give it a 8/10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 pm 

Currently rereading this book. I've been reading another children's book series called Bone Chillers, by Betsy Haynes. I think this book has to be a very cleaver title and was well written. Stine comes up with best book titles. I'm thinking about posting book reviews on the books I read by R. L. Stine soon. What do you think of that @Fearan?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

I would love to read your reviews! Great idea! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:46 am 

Just finished reading this book (again). And I'd thought I'd share a review for this site. So here we go:

Book: Goosebumps: HorrorLand #17: The Wizard of Ooze, by R. L. Stine. Pages: 142. Chapters: 32
5 out of 5 Stars.

Marco is a fan of comic books. He loves everything about them. In fact, he enjoys comics so much, that he found a rare comic book that he doesn't have in his collection, at the Chiller House gift shop, in HorrorLand. The creepy shop owner, Jonathan Chiller, gives him the comic book for free. He has big plans for his potential customers at the end of the series. What Marco doesn't realize, is that there is something unique about this strange comic called The Wizard of Ooze. At the end of the comic book, Marco discovers there is a special chapter on how to get your own superpowers. So of course, on his way home from HorrorLand, Marco is desperate to try them out. But sadly enough, each superpower he tried, only lasted for about ten seconds. Disappointed, Marco realizes that there must be a reason why he can't keep his powers, forever. Surely enough, there is a way. But as Marco learns the truth about the comic book's secret, he meets a couple of characters at a comic book convention, who are after the book, as well. He meets the real Ooze guy with incredible powers to sludge his enemies. Marco begins to suspect that this guy is not so a man in a costume after all. What's so special about this comic book everyone wants? The superpowers don't last very long, so Marco figures. But that all changes when he discovers that a special book mark with magical words allows you to keep your superpowers for a long time. It turns out that Marco's little brother has stole the book mark while he took the comic book while Marco was the comic convention trying to deal with the Ooze. Now Sammy is the real superhero now. So in the end, Sammy fights off the Ooze and saves the day. Meanwhile, Mr. Chiller wants Marco to pay up for his little souvenir. The adventure has only begun!