The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: The Animal-deaths in the RL's Fear Street and YA novels
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

No, you're not off the subject. :)

I again, 1000% agree with you on everything.

I know, it indeed sounds heartless and really weird to say that "it's okay to kill and eat animals", I know how you feel. - I 'm also no complete vegetarian (yet), but I try to eat as less meat as I can; 3/4 days a week I do eat meat, the other days I eat vegetarian; vegetables, etc. - It's not only good for the animals' sake, but it's also A LOT healthier. - But it seems like that also doesn't care people that they can live (for example; I don't know the exact numbers) 10 years longer when they eat less meat, and more vegetables and fruit, etc.

People just eat meat, meat, and meat all the time. And that's mainly due to all those fast-food restaurants... of course.

The (vegetarian 8-) ) author Jonathan Safran Foer wrote a very interesting book on the subject: "Eating Animals" ; http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Animals-Jo ... 0316069906
> http://www.eatinganimals.com/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_Animals

But I can really get (for them; dangerously) angry and pissed at the many people that just don't care. That say "animals are just animals", "animals are no humans", "animals don't have feelings", "animals don't feel pain", etc. etc. - FUCKING BIGGEST BULLSHIT EVER!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :x

Animals áre living creatures and equal to humans and they dó also, of course, feel pain. They just can not express it; they can't scream (well, they sure can; their own kind of "screams"), they can't talk, they can't ask for help, they can't cry like a stupid baby like only humans can.

And just like with the food, I wanna come back at wearing fur, from my previous message above;

I agree, earlier, people didn't have much else to eat, besides to hunt for animals, and eat their flesh. That was normal like in the Middle Ages. And of course, all those animals, up till lets say, 1900, just lived completely free in the wild, in their natural environment. So, back then, those animals did have a decent and long life behind them, before they were shot or killed with bow and arrow, etc.

The same with fur, wearing the "skins of animals". - Back in the Middle-Ages, and all the centuries before that, the prehistory, you know; they didn't have anything else. - And then it's the same as for the meat; those animals lived free in the wild, in nature, had long lives, and when they killed a deer or a cow, (or like the eskimos on the North-Pole don't have anything else than seals), they used the meat for food, AND the animals' skin for clothing, blancets, etc. - So that's because they didn't have anything else back in those ages, and the animals were "used" entirely.

And not just like it is today.

Because now they breed, for example, ferrets ONLY for their skin; they're held in tiny, iron cages from 20 by 20 centimeters / +/- 10 by 10 inches, where they wear out their lives, (I don't know how long they live), after which they are send to the gas-chambers, where they are gassed. - And as far as I know, people don't eat ferret-meat.

But that's just one example.

Then you have for example this SHOCKING, ABOMINABLE, HORRIFIC video from China, (where the most fur is internationally exported from, for (illegal) sales around the world), where they SKIN rabbits, voxes, racoons, ferrets, dogs, cats - ALIVE AND TOTALLY CONSCIOUS;

http://features.peta.org/ChineseFurFarms/

You really shouldn't watch this if you've a weak stomach.

I really can not explain in words how I feel about what is shown in that video, and I can't even describe what I want (and if I can get there, and meet those (kind of) people - will ) to do to those people...

There are really no words for this...

My point is; nowadays there are MORE THAN ENOUGH alternatives; for eating meat AND for wearing animal-skins.

You have textile, cotton, silk, linen. - And then there is wool; of course that is "okay", because the sheep doesn't have to be killed for it, and it gets a new wool-coat every year; but even this absolutely isn't 100% animal-friendly, because I have seen some horrific videos of the producing of wool which I rather forget....

And leather; well, leather is still an animal-skin, but it's from a cow which is slaughtered anyway for it's meat... So you could say that's the same as back in the middle-ages with killing a deer for it's meat and it's skin as clothing.

But I could really talk on for hours, even days, about this subject, and about all the unnecessary animal-suffering in this world, but that would be way too much to post on this forum, and in the first place we're of course here for talking about R.L. Stine books, but there's nothing wrong about discussing and sharing opinions about this very important, and definitely not unfamous or forgetable subject. b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

No, you're not off the subject. :)

I again, 1000% agree with you on everything.

I know, it indeed sounds heartless and really weird to say that "it's okay to kill and eat animals", I know how you feel. - I 'm also no complete vegetarian (yet), but I try to eat as less meat as I can; 3/4 days a week I do eat meat, the other days I eat vegetarian; vegetables, etc. - It's not only good for the animals' sake, but it's also A LOT healthier. - But it seems like that also doesn't care people that they can live (for example; I don't know the exact numbers) 10 years longer when they eat less meat, and more vegetables and fruit, etc.

People just eat meat, meat, and meat all the time. And that's mainly due to all those fast-food restaurants... of course.

The (vegetarian 8-) ) author Jonathan Safran Foer wrote a very interesting book on the subject: "Eating Animals" ; http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Animals-Jo ... 0316069906
> http://www.eatinganimals.com/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_Animals

But I can really get (for them; dangerously) angry and pissed at the many people that just don't care. That say "animals are just animals", "animals are no humans", "animals don't have feelings", "animals don't feel pain", etc. etc. - FUCKING BIGGEST BULLSHIT EVER!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :x

Animals áre living creatures and equal to humans and they dó also, of course, feel pain. They just can not express it; they can't scream (well, they sure can; their own kind of "screams"), they can't talk, they can't ask for help, they can't cry like a stupid baby like only humans can.

And just like with the food, I wanna come back at wearing fur, from my previous message above;

I agree, earlier, people didn't have much else to eat, besides to hunt for animals, and eat their flesh. That was normal like in the Middle Ages. And of course, all those animals, up till lets say, 1900, just lived completely free in the wild, in their natural environment. So, back then, those animals did have a decent and long life behind them, before they were shot or killed with bow and arrow, etc.

The same with fur, wearing the "skins of animals". - Back in the Middle-Ages, and all the centuries before that, the prehistory, you know; they didn't have anything else. - And then it's the same as for the meat; those animals lived free in the wild, in nature, had long lives, and when they killed a deer or a cow, (or like the eskimos on the North-Pole don't have anything else than seals), they used the meat for food, AND the animals' skin for clothing, blancets, etc. - So that's because they didn't have anything else back in those ages, and the animals were "used" entirely.

And not just like it is today.

Because now they breed, for example, ferrets ONLY for their skin; they're held in tiny, iron cages from 20 by 20 centimeters / +/- 10 by 10 inches, where they wear out their lives, (I don't know how long they live), after which they are send to the gas-chambers, where they are gassed. - And as far as I know, people don't eat ferret-meat.

But that's just one example.

Then you have for example this SHOCKING, ABOMINABLE, HORRIFIC video from China, (where the most fur is internationally exported from, for (illegal) sales around the world), where they SKIN rabbits, voxes, racoons, ferrets, dogs, cats - ALIVE AND TOTALLY CONSCIOUS;

http://features.peta.org/ChineseFurFarms/

You really shouldn't watch this if you've a weak stomach.

I really can not explain in words how I feel about what is shown in that video, and I can't even describe what I want (and if I can get there, and meet those (kind of) people - will ) to do to those people...

There are really no words for this...

My point is; nowadays there are MORE THAN ENOUGH alternatives; for eating meat AND for wearing animal-skins.

You have textile, cotton, silk, linen. - And then there is wool; of course that is "okay", because the sheep doesn't have to be killed for it, and it gets a new wool-coat every year; but even this absolutely isn't 100% animal-friendly, because I have seen some horrific videos of the producing of wool which I rather forget....

And leather; well, leather is still an animal-skin, but it's from a cow which is slaughtered anyway for it's meat... So you could say that's the same as back in the middle-ages with killing a deer for it's meat and it's skin as clothing.

But I could really talk on for hours, even days, about this subject, and about all the unnecessary animal-suffering in this world, but that would be way too much to post on this forum, and in the first place we're of course here for talking about R.L. Stine books, but there's nothing wrong about discussing and sharing opinions about this very important, and definitely not unfamous or forgetable subject.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:19 pm 

What´s also making me fucking pissed off when I hear "Animals can´t think"... :x

But on the living longer thing I don´t give anything cause you can also get sick and die and it´s also genetic and that point wouldn´t be a reason for me not to eat meat. And when you look for what´s called unhealthy you could eat almost nothing anymore so...

But the animals are my reason of course and that´s why I reduced it very much the last months, today I didn´t eat meat at all, on my bread I eat only cheese or Nutella and absolutely no animals (And I don´t feel like I miss the meat). And some day I will also end up with everything that´s meat and then I´m vegetarian. So currently I can say I´m half.

And (I think I wrote it also before some time) the animal torturers have all my purest HATE, DISRESPECT and wishes to be sent to HELL!!! And a week or two ago I got so furious about such a bitch who is against dogs and believe me, she got sth. to hear from me on the street when I walked the dog cause she thought she could me "dumm anmachen" (sorry don´t know in English XD)... :twisted: That felt SO GOOD! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 pm 

OMG I see I've missed a lot :shock:
In our philosophie lesson at school we had the diskussion whether animals have a personality or not. My teacher says no, cause animals are only directed by their instincts. But now I got the question if this is right? I mean, when I see those suffering eyes I can't believe that animals are just beeings with instincts and without feelings. :(
I guess I could live in a vegetarian way if I tried but this would be really difficult. I mean, in my native country there are hardly vegetarians, and if I was one, they would look at me like I'm a weirdo. We, my parents and me, try to eat "enough" meat, not to much and I know that it would be healthier if you eat more vegetables and fruits.
Those fast food restaurant which I really try to avoid are advertising to consume meat in a unheathy way.
Got this interesting news, a few days ago when I was watching a TV show where a woman has eaten dog's meat :evil: and that woman was (of course) condemned but now I ask myself what's the difference whether I eat a chicken or a dog? Both are beings and both have the same rights. On WikI there is this article which says that there are some "tabus" which aren't allowed to be eaten like cats but, now again, who has the right to decide which animals should be eaten and which not?
I don't undestand those people who say that animals are less worth than humans. I also want to critisize my own home country where animals are treaten like things. For example there is this "tradition" to kill ( and I really mean in a violently and inhumanly way!) sheep after the period of fasting. I don't want to mention how they are killed there but I have to shut up and to be silent :roll: I mean, I'm "a girl" which doesn't know anything about traditions. :roll:
How we have already mentioned, animals were "used" in a entirely way in earlier days but now?

Good thing you said that I shouldn't watch this video if I have a weak stomach cause I really can't do this. Just after some seconds I have tears in my eyes and although I know that I shoudln't ignore this, I really can't watch such videos.
And although I haven't watched it, I can imagine what it was about and can't describe these feelings in words. But I still have hope that someday people will change their mind. As long as there are organisations like PETA or Greenpeace I know that there are people fighting against it.
For wearing those "animals skins", I mean you could also wear a coat with down feather.
I'm sorry if I have discuss too much about this subject but I think it's important to mention it.
Unfortunately my english knowledges aren't enough to describe all this what I wanted to say but I guess I would need more pages than one so in some way it's ok that my english is that "bad" ;)