The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

The Official R.L. Stine Fansite! - The writer and creator of Goosebumps (Horrorland), Fear Street, Nightmare Room, The Haunting Hour and so much more...

An international Forum to talk about the work by "The Master of Fright"; the world's greatest, scariest, funniest and bestselling author of children's and Young Adult books!

It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: #27 - Checkout Time at the Dead-End Hotel
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 pm 

Checkout Time at the Dead-End Hotel (April 1998)
ISBN: 0-590-39998-5
Scholastic Inc. - 140 pages

YOU CAN CHECK IN, BUT YOU CAN'T CHECK OUT

You and three classmates are on a school trip when your car breaks down. Too bad. Because now you have to check into Hotel Morte - otherwise known as the Dead Hotel!

Guess what? The guests in this hotel are all ghosts. And they're out to make you see-through too! You can either try to escape through the doggie door - or search for somebody named Drew Mortegarth, who claims to hold the key to your escape. But whatever you do - don't fall asleep! Or you won't live to regret it!

The choice is yours in this scary GOOSEBUMPS adventure that's packed with over 20 super-spooky endings!

"We have such sights to show you!"

Post subject: Re: #27 - Checkout Time at the Dead-End Hotel
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:56 pm 

I really enjoy this book, and while I haven't read every single Give-Yourself-Goosebumps book, I'd say this is easily top-ten quality for this series, including the Special Editions. Unlike many in this series, this book follows just one main story, not two or three, which gives it a more complete feel, and also makes it so the goal you need to attain in obvious by about the fifth or sixth page, and the overall goal stays the same. It's a harder book for this, I feel, as it seems to me that out of the 20+ endings, only one could be considered the 'best' ending, at it takes awhile to find the right path to take. This also makes a wrong choice unforgiving, with many wrong choice leading to your death not one or two pages after the choice, but sometimes six or seven, with one memorable choice leading to four separate deaths, as it keeps giving you options after you make the fatal choice that all lead to death.

So this is a much harder GYG book to complete, and I hope everyone who owns this either now or in the future tries this book multiple times to see if you can make it. If you're like me and you just can't, than I've saved you the trouble, and have the correct number page path, which I shall post under the spoiler tag. Hope you guys have fun with it, and don't give in to temptation just because the correct path is down below. It does take out a lot of the fun.

Correct path to complete book:
Spoiler: show
1-2-3-44-135-49-68-20-75-64-92-105-110-17-24-88-71-112-98-39-55-66-22-82-101-30-8-18-108-121-94-59-48-102-111-132-46-89-23-130-19-56-13-9-27-62-38-122-7-50-113-83-45-109-104

"We have such sights to show you!"